Monday, May 6, 2013

Class Update: 5/3 & 5/6

On Friday, we had a fishbowl debate. In groups, we represented one party of the Trail of Tears and had a group delegate decide what to do with the Cherokee people during the nineteenth century. My group represented the judicial branch in the conflict. We believed that the Cherokee people should be allowed to stay on the land because they were civilized and because legal documents allowed them to stay there. In the debate, our side was supported by the Cherokee people and the Christian missionary. The president, Andrew Jackson, opposed our view. He wanted the Cherokee tribe to be moved to the west. It saddens me to know that our country pushed the Cherokee people out, because it demonstrates the type of discrimination our nation condemns.

Today, we went to the computer lab to work on our Triton 16% Time badges. I completed both of my activities and I am waiting for approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment