Friday, May 24, 2013

Class Update: 5/23 & 5/24

We visited the computer lab yesterday to learn about U.S. involvement in Central American and the Caribbean through Woodrow Wilson's foreign policy, moral diplomacy. We used an interactive map to learn that the United States troops became involved in the area nine times. They were also involved for financial reasons and with interests in building a canal. After studying the maps, we looked at pictures of Mexico from the revolutions. Life looked extremely difficult for civilians, as many were poor and the government was unstable. We then began to explore American involvement in Haiti, using our knowledge to create a "news article," posted below.

Today, we continued to work on our Smithsonian Quests. I submitted the last assignment for my badge today. I had to create an infographic about the water crisis in Africa. I used data from my research for a previous assignment, in which I had to write an article about a water-related issue. Infographics are a useful tool, and I think they would supplement a presentation well or be an effective method for advertising. My infographic is posted below:


No comments:

Post a Comment