Thursday, November 29, 2012

Class & Goal Update: 11/28 & 11/29

Yesterday, I was not in class because I went on a field trip for Student Council. So, I got notes and a handout from Emily. According to the papers, the class learned about the incident with John Brown at Harper's Ferry, VA. Brown attemped to seize the federal arsenal so he could arm black men with weapons to fight for the abolition. This showed the violent time period in America.

Today, we filled out a chart about eyewitnesses at Harper's Ferry. These people included John Starry, Robert E. Lee, and John Brown. The first two believed that Brown was not justified in his actions. I was surprised that Brown claimed to have no intention of violently killing people. It would be expected that his motive for seizing weapons would be to harm others.

My goal is still continuing well. I will be happy when the 30 days are over so I don't have to be concerned with remembering to journal every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment