Friday, April 12, 2013

Class Update: 4/11 & 4/12

Yesterday, we discussed Manifest Destiny. A post below details what Manifest Destiny is and how the United States achieved it. We also created skits about Manifest Destiny. My partner and I interviewed each other about our opinons about Manifest Destiny, and whether or not it was a good thing for the country. I believe that it caused good results, but the path to expand the nation was treacherous and difficult, involving many wars.

Today, we watched a tutorial about Push and Pull Factors that motivated people to move west. I thought the most interesting factor was that Civil War veterans were trying to escape their nightmares of war. I got dismissed, but we would have continued class by having a discussion about those factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment