Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Winnie the Pooh Character Quiz


Today, we were asked to determine which “Winnie the Pooh” character we are most like. After reading the descriptions of the “Winnie the Pooh” characters, I think I am most like Piglet. I am often quiet and a little shy, especially in new situations. I also believe that I am good at problem solving like Piglet. If I encounter a problem, I usually try to think of multiple solutions to the issue and choose the most logical one.
 
I took a quiz to determine which “Winnie the Pooh” character I am most like. My results are below:
 
You are Winnie the Pooh. Oh, bother. You are sweet, simple, and popular for your honesty and goodwill. Though you may be the biggest personality in the woods, you sometimes need the help of others in the brains department!
 
I believe that the quiz determined me to be more like Pooh than Piglet because my decisions were interpreted differently than I intended them to be. For example, one of the questions asked what I would do if I were served a type of soup that I do not like by a friend. I chose that I would eat the soup. I believe the quiz interpreted this response to mean that I was acting in hopes of being viewed as “sweet” and “popular”. It also may have reasoned that I was not acting in a very smart way because I did not stand up for myself by refusing the soup. When I responded to the question, I chose that answer because I value my friendship more than offending a good friend over a dislike. I would interpret my actions as choosing the best solution to honor my friendship, even if it meant that I had to eat soup that I did not like. The quiz interpreted some of my answers differently than I meant them to be.
 
The two results were also different because of the nature of the questions in the quiz. I found some of the questions difficult to answer because they did not apply to my life or personality. One question referred to throwing a big party when my parents were not home. I would not throw a party in the first place, so this made the question hard to answer. I would also not cancel a party at the last minute because it would be rude to the guests who were planning to attend. Though I would rather babysit as the question offered, I would not cancel a party on short notice because it is not proper etiquette. Some of the questions in the quiz did not offer answers that I would realistically choose, changing my results.
 
Though I do not agree that Winnie the Pooh and I are exactly matched, I can understand why the quiz determined us to be similar. It is an interesting concept to imagine being a character from the well-known story.

No comments:

Post a Comment